Thursday, September 23, 2010

200 Blog Posts!!!! All About Infertility & Women's Health Issues...With More To Come!


Well, with the last post I have made it to two hundred blog posts since I began in 2008! I have to admit, I started out rather slow but picked up speed when I fell into the format that I now use. Although I have posted overviews on subjects ranging from PCOS to what to expect from an Infertility Evaluation, I've found that the most popular blog posts involve trying to put a patient's mind at ease. By posting mainly questions that I receive from women and men across the country and around the world, I feel that I can address some of the most pressing and prevalent issues in reproductive health. It has been a pleasure interacting with many of you out there through your comments as well!

Smiley Face My blog followers now number over 300 and there are a number of you that burn our feed as well...which definitely encourages me to keep going! Thank you for your interest & loyalty!

As I did back when I reached my 100th post, I would like to list the ten most popular blog posts to date (a statistic available from the StatCounter app):

1. "Bleeding After Embryo Transfer"

2. "The Difference Between PCOD and PCOS, Fear of Birth Control Protocol"

3. "Off Depo Provera But Still No Period, What's Wrong?"

4. "30 Year Old With Very High FSH Levels Getting Poor Advice From Her Doctor: Has Ovarian Resistance & Possible Future POF"

5. "IVF Implantation Failure"

6. "Post IVF Transfer Pain: Implantation Pain Or Ectopic?"

7. "What FET Protocol Do You Use For Difficult PCOS Patients? UK Patient Asks

8. "Three Miscarriages And HSG Shows Blocked Tubes"

9. "Estrogen Patches Vs. Estrogen Injections: Which Is Better For Pregnancy Success?"

10. "Clomid Protocol Not Working"

It also always amazes me to see where my visitors come from! This reveals, most of all, how the subject of infertility can span cultures and continents. I have many, many great readers from the United States, Canada & the U.K....but we get occasional visitors from some interesting places including most recently:

Jülich, Germany
Surabaya, Indonesia
Camberwell, Australia
Osaka, Japan
Hanzinelle, Belgium
Hyderabad, India
Doha, Qatar
Kampala, Uganda
Tronheim, Norway
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is always my personal pleasure and privilege to assist my readers in whatever way I can, given the limits of the written word and the distance from which you communicate. I am always available to give general responses via this blog and About.com's All Experts Site. Please keep in mind, though, that the information provided in this blog is not meant to be a medical opinion about your specific case. The problems of every patient are unique and should be addressed by their physician in a face-to-face conversation and thorough work-up. You are welcome to bring up questions about my postings with your doctor. However, no one should assume that this blog is a source of medical care. I believe that reading it might offer some insights into medicine that might not otherwise be available in the general media.

Best and warmest regards,

Edward J. Ramirez, MD, FACOG
Monterey Bay IVF
Monterey, CA

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I love this blog! I think it's a wonderful way to learn and you provide an invaluable service and support to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cape Girl! I am very glad that your pregnancy is progressing so well. Yours is a story of strength and perseverance that I think many who are struggling through IVF can understand. I highly recommend Cape Girl's blog (http://capegirlsjourney.blogspot.com/) to those of you who need support. In her journey you will see that it is possible to succeed, even after tragedy strikes, to survive and continue to try until, God willing, you can be successful. God bless you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails