Sunday, September 13, 2009

TTC And Using Ovulation Kit

Here is a fairly common question that I get on the All Experts site having to do with ovulation kits...

Hi Doc,

I have a 25 day cycle and my period usually lasts 3 to 4 days. When do you think I would ovulate? When should I start testing with the ovulation kit?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Generally the second half of the cycle is the most constant. It is 14 days from the onset of menses. So, if your cycles are 25 days, then you are most likely ovulating around cycle day #11. Your fertile period would then be CD# 9-13. Those are the days I would recommend intercourse. You should stop intercourse on CD#7 and wait until CD#9 to start. Have intercourse once per day on those days, only one ejaculation per day. Start using your ovulation kit on CD #9 (counting back 16 days from the end of your average cycle).

Hope this helps and good luck!

Edward J. Ramirez, M.D., FACOG
Executive Medical Director
The Fertility and Gynecology Center Monterey Bay IVF Program
Monterey, California, U.S.A. 

Check me out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ejramirez1?ref=profile and Twitter with me at @montereybayivf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails